If I were to evaluate “Science” the way science evaluates faith, I would use a phrase like: “Science is a godless religion centered on the belief man is the measure of all things.”
Man is not the measure of all things. Measure itself is arbitrary. My shoe for example is 13 inches but it is also 33 centimeters.
Science is merely ritualism without humility. It has every flaw it every argued against other religions.
I can of course identify with the noble ideal. It captivated me as child. I still believe we should use science to innovate and change the world. We must increase food production, reduce living costs, and fight pollution. We should use technology to improve medicine and education. Unfortunately the best scientists either make weapons or are in the lab creating Taco Bell’s new chemically addictive Ranchero Sauce. They also research obscure issues for self glorification and act as if the world depends on them.
Moreover, reason itself (Which I have recently forgiven by finally getting Plato via Spinoza) is not just a whore but is a selfish one. There are ways of knowing besides reason. For example, skepticism makes no sense as a basis to begin analysis. However science itself has shown that the observer cannot be removed from the observed. Agnosticism about G*d is such a horrible condition perhaps they should practice the art of doubt on their own beliefs first?
For example, scientists insist that they can tell the chemical composition of stars millions of light years away by using prisms. How can they validate this? They cannot explain creation, epi-genetics, or quantum locality. Yet these would define nature in origin and structure. They also have nothing to offer on the question of the meaning of life. They are corrupted by capitalism.
If you are doubt the existing of the all-mighty because of scientific materialism consider that Science has its own Galileos. For every scientific opinion there is a contrary one and most are over thrown in time. I know I am being harsh, but take a hard look at yourself before you judge others!
Ani Uveyti Naavod Et H"
Not on mortals do I rely, nor upon angels do I depend, but on the God of the Universe, the God of truth, whose Torah is truth, and who abounds in deeds of goodness and truth. In God do I put my trust; unto God’s holy, precious being do I utter praise. Open my heart to Your Torah. Answer my prayers and the prayers of all Your people Israel for goodness, for life, and for peace. Amen. - Zohar, Parashat Vayakhel
Not on mortals do I rely, nor upon angels do I depend, but on the God of the Universe, the God of truth, whose Torah is truth, and who abounds in deeds of goodness and truth. In God do I put my trust; unto God’s holy, precious being do I utter praise. Open my heart to Your Torah. Answer my prayers and the prayers of all Your people Israel for goodness, for life, and for peace. Amen. - Zohar, Parashat Vayakhel
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment