Ani Uveyti Naavod Et H"
Not on mortals do I rely, nor upon angels do I depend, but on the God of the Universe, the God of truth, whose Torah is truth, and who abounds in deeds of goodness and truth. In God do I put my trust; unto God’s holy, precious being do I utter praise. Open my heart to Your Torah. Answer my prayers and the prayers of all Your people Israel for goodness, for life, and for peace. Amen. - Zohar, Parashat Vayakhel

Monday, July 26, 2010

Sad Sunday Poem

Unobserved, unvoiced, unmanned,
I drag my weary head upon the ground
G*d turns me over that I do not suffocate, allows me to clean my face,
gives the breeze to revive my spirit,
sets full cups before me and hangs her with fruit
I cannot reach, I bare my teeth. I writhe in abject despair
Again ministering angels take me under the arms.
All Jews must ever wrestle, a blessing and curse
Alone in loneliness but aware only G*d forges our fate

Oh G*d of happy marriages, Oh G*d of healthy children,
Oh G*d of torah and prosperity
Unbar the door, led me forth from ignorance and sorrow
out of my imperfection render anodynes,
for the glory of thy ineffable name complete me as a man
let thankfulness be the measure of my days, and
piety the object of my being.
I crave not apprehension but
compassion, intellect, beauty, talent, and faithfulness
Strengthen my will and fortify my heart, until I can fulfill your design
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment