Ani Uveyti Naavod Et H"
Not on mortals do I rely, nor upon angels do I depend, but on the God of the Universe, the God of truth, whose Torah is truth, and who abounds in deeds of goodness and truth. In God do I put my trust; unto God’s holy, precious being do I utter praise. Open my heart to Your Torah. Answer my prayers and the prayers of all Your people Israel for goodness, for life, and for peace. Amen. - Zohar, Parashat Vayakhel

Friday, July 9, 2010

First Class with Rabbi Tamar

Discussed a few of my impressions on p1-156 of Jewish Literacy by Rabbi Joseph Telushkin which she gave me as a reference. (I will add my thoughts on this later)


She gave described
"Torah, avodah and gemilut chassidim"

I found the citation (pirkei avot 1:2)
Shimon the Righteous was among the last surviving members of the Great assembly. He would say: The world stands on three things: Torah, the service of G-d, and deeds of kindness.

We discussed some of my reasons for coming to Synagogue. I could only say that it was for the love of the people, because I want to live a life with G*d at its center, because I didn't know before april that there was a difference between conservative and orthodox Judiasm.

She gave me two assigments for essay and reflection. One on my idea of G*d and the other on my goals.

It made me very happy. I pray I will be able to thrive and that my study also teach her. That both of us can contribute to the Synagogue, community, and the world.

Thank you G*d for this opportuinty and for her kindness and wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment