Ani Uveyti Naavod Et H"
Not on mortals do I rely, nor upon angels do I depend, but on the God of the Universe, the God of truth, whose Torah is truth, and who abounds in deeds of goodness and truth. In God do I put my trust; unto God’s holy, precious being do I utter praise. Open my heart to Your Torah. Answer my prayers and the prayers of all Your people Israel for goodness, for life, and for peace. Amen. - Zohar, Parashat Vayakhel

Monday, August 30, 2010

RT C5, C6, and Class 7 Stubs

C4.5 3 AUG we went to a baseball game. I was fortunate to be able to spend the evening talking with Rabbi Tamar. She is an amazing person. I remember only parts because it was a relaxed evening. 1. She said build a fench around the Torah meant 'both ways.'. 2. She told me what a "SNOR" was a mooch. 3. I had some difficulty understanding the world to come. 4. I shared my deepest reasons for my faith and told her that I had read the teaching G*d made one person because each of us is the whole world; that it was a shocking thing to me who for so long has thought man the lowest.

C5. 10 AUG. I don't recall this class. I know I was upset.

C6 and C7 (17 and 24 AUG) I asked about High Holidays. We had a good discussion about preparation and what to expect. She indicated with approval my desire to focus on that saying that they even set aside studies at her school to focus on it. We began working on hebrew with a primer. I had a hard time and felt like all my praying was an embarrasment because I couldn't get it. She said to go slow and take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment