Last night was a low point for me. Rabbi was working with me on my Hebrew. I tried 'forty' times and each time was wrong. Even when all I had to do was repeat. Each word became torture letter by letter. I felt stupid beyond measure. All my prayer work all my singing? How could I have it so backwards? I wanted to go fetal. She wouldn't let me quit. I wanted to run away. I almost cried when I got to my car.
I love G*d so much and I am not a idiot? Why couldn't I grasp it. Everything started to seem hopeless. I was angry. I was emasculated. I was humiliated.
Oh G*d I pray this is the beginning of wisdom. It hurt very much.
Ani Uveyti Naavod Et H"
Not on mortals do I rely, nor upon angels do I depend, but on the God of the Universe, the God of truth, whose Torah is truth, and who abounds in deeds of goodness and truth. In God do I put my trust; unto God’s holy, precious being do I utter praise. Open my heart to Your Torah. Answer my prayers and the prayers of all Your people Israel for goodness, for life, and for peace. Amen. - Zohar, Parashat Vayakhel
Not on mortals do I rely, nor upon angels do I depend, but on the God of the Universe, the God of truth, whose Torah is truth, and who abounds in deeds of goodness and truth. In God do I put my trust; unto God’s holy, precious being do I utter praise. Open my heart to Your Torah. Answer my prayers and the prayers of all Your people Israel for goodness, for life, and for peace. Amen. - Zohar, Parashat Vayakhel
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment