Ani Uveyti Naavod Et H"
Not on mortals do I rely, nor upon angels do I depend, but on the God of the Universe, the God of truth, whose Torah is truth, and who abounds in deeds of goodness and truth. In God do I put my trust; unto God’s holy, precious being do I utter praise. Open my heart to Your Torah. Answer my prayers and the prayers of all Your people Israel for goodness, for life, and for peace. Amen. - Zohar, Parashat Vayakhel

Friday, May 28, 2010

My Heart Never Worked Right

When I was fifteen I saw an angel with twilight blue eyes read a poem about celestial power. Well, I didn't know about William Blake then but it happened.
I stopped on the way home that night, bought a spiral notebook, and wrote my first poem. Since then I have filled two large file cabinets with twice my body weight in words. .
Some days I sit and copy out what was good here and there into new notebooks. As with my library at home, I have lost or given away as much as I still possess. I never realized that as I became older the work would no longer seem like mine but as if written by some stranger. It started with poetry but my appetite developed to conquer and explore all forms of writing. Yet I have never had a blog.
I am at another turning point in my life. I am committing to a year of religious study. I want to study Torah and the Conservative Jewish Liturgy. The first two Rabbis I met have blogs and reading them has began to mean a lot to me. So I thank them for the idea.
I will add some posts from my journals since 28 MAY when G*d called me back to him (gender not exclusive) May all that I do on this site be pleasing to the All-mighty.

1 comment:

  1. I am 26 days away from converting. Today is 365 days since I walked into the center. I feel like I have found the reason for the gifts G*d has given me. I feel like I have found real people among a rubble of souls. I feel that I have not only been spared anguish but delivered to a higher plane of existence. I have found true love and am prospering. This was achieved by making G*d central to my life and rebuilding my shattered identity around that goal. I am far from my own ambition but I am realizing my potential. Praise All-might G*d whose mercy lasts forever! Praise the G*d of Yaakov who is without peer and whose word is action. Praise " to whom I have commited, to whom I commit, and to whom I will commit my life.

    ReplyDelete