Ani Uveyti Naavod Et H"
Not on mortals do I rely, nor upon angels do I depend, but on the God of the Universe, the God of truth, whose Torah is truth, and who abounds in deeds of goodness and truth. In God do I put my trust; unto God’s holy, precious being do I utter praise. Open my heart to Your Torah. Answer my prayers and the prayers of all Your people Israel for goodness, for life, and for peace. Amen. - Zohar, Parashat Vayakhel

Friday, May 28, 2010

Meeting Rabbi Karp and attending a Reform Service 21 MAY 2010

Rabbi Samuel advised me several times to not see my religion as just a function of any one Synagogue or Jewish movement. Faith and study are for all. Therefore, I contacted Temple Emanuel in Davenport and visited on 21 MAY 2010. It was great!

This is actually culled from a thank you letter but it described my feelings on the experience.

My love for the Conservative Siddur Sim Shalom and intense desire to experience all the parshas with haftorah (as I never have before) incline me to conservative observances. However to learn, to love, and to do good deeds is most important to me. The community and Israel are also more important to me than philosphical differences. It meant a lot to me that Rabbi Karp mentioned several differences in Reform such as their perspectives on kohanim and the messiachic temple.

I am now reading Rabbi Karps blog and watching the Temples calendar with the intention of supporting them with regular visits, energy, and prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment