Ani Uveyti Naavod Et H"
Not on mortals do I rely, nor upon angels do I depend, but on the God of the Universe, the God of truth, whose Torah is truth, and who abounds in deeds of goodness and truth. In God do I put my trust; unto God’s holy, precious being do I utter praise. Open my heart to Your Torah. Answer my prayers and the prayers of all Your people Israel for goodness, for life, and for peace. Amen. - Zohar, Parashat Vayakhel

Monday, September 20, 2010

Prayer for Lori M.

Prayer for Lori M.
Oh Lord, my G*d from your bountiful hand, an angel has come into my life. My desperate prayers have been answered by an overwhelming miracle. You have taken my pain and made it joy, in her eyes, in her arms, in her words You have taken my horror and made it hope, in our commitment, in our new dream of life together

Nothing is beyond your awesome power and blessed is your holy name forever. Oh G*d let me be like her and be good for her, As she came to my side when I was wretched, give me the strength to come to her when she is weary.

Let me return to her the understanding she lavishes on me. Let my heart always meet hers in freedom with the same desire, fulfillment, and sympathy. The world will assail us and let us not be rent. Give us old age together and wisdom. Give us please gracious Lord, peace and contentment with each other.

My dearest wish is to be such comfort to her as she is to me. She takes my hand and helps me to make the sacrifices that for the first time make me like who I am.

Let me also make her like who she is as I do. Let me always help her on her path and give all of myself.

Let me never fail to appreciate her though her virtues are many. Let me take away her worries instead of foster them.

Father, grant me the opportunity to reciprocate the passion, sincerity, and commitment of my beloved, Let me never hesitate when she asks for something or fail to listen to her. Please righteous G*d purify our love from the temptations to indulgence or idolatry. Walk with us and before us. For the glory of thy ineffable name, let our families become one give unto them health, security, and love.

I ask so much of you, I ask so much of her.

I will sanctify your name forever! I will love her with all the strength and time you give me. Let our love bear fruit for us both and for the good of the world. Let us know and proclaim that in G*d love is real.

Let her never fear to ask me for help and give me the strength to do so. When I fell to my knees fasting, she came to me and held me she lifted me up and I know she was your instrument. standing before your ark, holding my heart in my hands my love stood beside me, resplendent and I saw your glory.

May I serve her so well, may I never take for granted your power alone has created this love!

May I also be allowed the pleasure of thanking her for all of it. Your grace is all around her, let me think of you if I am ever disappointed or angry with her and not lash out. Your light is so clear in her beauty and kindness, may I always merit them and never forget their author. Your love is the source of our love and may our love be in praise of you.

You came to us and saved us, you have touched us with our blessing, may your grace, light, and love be the substance of the bond between us. May we be ever closer and always happy! Give us a lifetime together with a flame that does not fade but guides us through dark times.

Oh incomparable G*d your mercy is sweet, let it always redeem us and our loved ones. Let her know how much I love her. Let this love endure and grow.

Thy will be done, World without end. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. She broke up with me in January. The Rabbi wouldn't marry us. That proves Rabbi's can be fools but more that I was also a fool.

    ReplyDelete