Ani Uveyti Naavod Et H"
Not on mortals do I rely, nor upon angels do I depend, but on the God of the Universe, the God of truth, whose Torah is truth, and who abounds in deeds of goodness and truth. In God do I put my trust; unto God’s holy, precious being do I utter praise. Open my heart to Your Torah. Answer my prayers and the prayers of all Your people Israel for goodness, for life, and for peace. Amen. - Zohar, Parashat Vayakhel

Monday, September 27, 2010

Ezek 38:18-39:16

Just a little note on this haftorah. It curled my f-ing hair. I usually read it before and follow the hebrew reading with my finger. I swear I read this ahead in the jPS but I kept getting drawn into the Chumash notes in english.

The battle at the begining of the messiahnic age! Gog and Magog. I wonder if any generation since the siani has wondered if it wasn't coming tomorrow. I have always speculated that our psychological knowledge of imminante death projects this 'end of the world psychosis' however this text certainly is the big fish at that particualar prophetic bass tournemant.

I joke becaues it is d-m scary.

The holy land over-run. The last possible moment. G*d reveals himself for Israel, the enemy is blinded and starts destroying themselves. The Chumash notes read something like, "Having revealed himself G*d's sovereignty will be universaly accepted."

I will quote the song we sing each day:::::::::::::::::::::::
Ve'ne'emar: "Ve'haya Adonai le'melech al kol ha'aretz,
bayom hahu yihiyeh Adonai echad, u'shemo echad."

And it is said: "Adonai will be Ruler over the
whole Earth, and on that day,
God will be One, and God's name will be One.

AMEN and AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment